Monday, January 30, 2012

The Kids' Room

I am enjoying referring to the "kids' room" rather than the "nursery" or "Josh's room". It's been a fun switch. Being off work has finally given me the time to finish up preparing the kids' room for Emily's arrival.

I wanted to share pictures of the transition but was shocked to find that I didn't have any pictures of the room before we added Josh's toddler bed back in November. So if you want to get an idea of what we did to the room previously, here are links to my prior posts of prepping the room for Josh's arrival:


Below is a shot of how Josh's name hung on the wall. At least I caught that before we moved it.


I think I've mentioned before that I've had a hard time getting into "girl" mode. Early on, after finding out we were having a girl, the first thing I found for decoration were these wall decals with butterflies and flowers. I've always known that with a girl I wanted to do bugs: butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies etc. I had hoped these decals would help me get in the mode. But even after their arrival, they sat around for a long time while I was paralyzed from ideas. Decorating is not my forte and I move very slowly, basically one item at a time. I am not one who can visualize the whole thing and just make it happen.

I'm happy to say that I finally found bedding that I loved and, after an exhaustive search, ribbon to hang Emily's name. The decor only has butterflies and flowers, no other bugs, but what I found worked well with the colors we already had for Josh's stuff.

The new crib wall.


Josh's name got moved above his bed.

It feels a little high, but I was concerned that below the window would be too tempting to play with. Now the area below the window looks bare, so I think I have found a train decal that I would like to put there. I just need to pick the colors to order it in. All along I have had a difficult time finding train stuff that I truly like.


A view of both beds.

And now that the table is in the corner, I kinda want to put "A, B, Cs" or something. But worry it will be too much. So in my one step at a time manner, we'll get the train decal up first and then see how it looks.

Dressers


Mama's corner


Everything is ready to go. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the butterflies, dots & flowers on the wall! Great job.