Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Am I Nesting?

This question has been funny to me. I've heard of nesting. I know it exists, I just don't think I have felt it in the sense that I have heard it described.

To me, nesting is this great urge to get things done. The task itself can be normal (setting up the nursery) or bizarre (scrubbing the baseboards...at 2 a.m.). What makes it nesting is the drive to get it done.

Now, I have been getting things done lately, but to me it's because they need to get done. I need to stock up on groceries. I need to get the kids room rearranged. I NEED to polish the baseboards!!! (just kidding).

The problem is that I have been sick. I started getting sick last Wednesday, and Friday was my last day of work. TODAY is the first day I actually have some normal energy. HOORAY!! So guess what? I feel a drive to get things done. But isn't that normal? My new problem is that I probably should still take it easy while I'm actually chomping at the bit to go, go, go. So what do you say? Nesting? I'm not convinced.

I feel conflicted about how much time I have before the baby comes. We're looking at about three weeks and in one regard that seems like a good amount of time, but I'm also a little freaked out about it. I think it's the freak out that makes me want to check off my to-do list. Once the important things are done I can relax. On my nest.

No comments: