Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nursery Progress: Dressers

This weekend I tackled the big, dreaded project of redoing the dressers. I have been putting this off as long as I can and finally buckled down and recruited my mom to help me sand down the dressers on Saturday. It actually went much faster than I anticipated and I was very relieved.

One dresser is a tall Ikea piece that will be used as the changing table. It was a light natural wood.

The other dresser is a low, long one that has been my dresser since I was a little tyke. It feels really weird to be changing it. As my mom and I reminisced about when it was purchased for me, I was reminded that my parents bought it unfinished and stained it themselves. I had completely forgotten. I had the dresser, a corner desk and a bookcase. The corner desk suffered a termite fate and I threw it out several years ago. My waterbed was also wood, but I'm not sure if that was bought at the same time as the other pieces.

Between the two dressers, there were 13 drawers to paint. Here we are after sanding and before painting.

Here I am with a belly and a paint brush.


Sunday was painting day.

I got almost all of the painting done on Sunday, but had a little to finish on Monday.

Here is what the dressers looked like before...


And here is the after...

Now I'm on the hunt for some really cute drawer pulls for the long dresser. I have found a potential at Lowe's, but am still looking around.

My mom also has been working hard on the bedding and the skirt is done!
Here's a shot of the skirt on the crib.

*A little shout out to my mom...she won six blue ribbons in a ballroom dancing event she had on Sunday. Rock on mom!!

No comments: