Monday, January 16, 2012

The Countdown

We are officially three weeks out from my predicted due date.

Saturday I had a nice baby shower with a few friends and family. I have had such a hard time getting into "girl" mode, but this shower definitely helped a lot. It was so much fun opening all the pink packages and seeing the darling clothes.

Today Jim and I went to Babies R Us to pick up the rest of the essentials that we need to be ready for our little girl to arrive. Jim was a crack up to watch as he was loving seeing some of the different toys. As Josh is getting older, Jim sees stuff that would be fun to have for him. I've never had the opportunity to see him get excited about that kind of stuff, so it brought a big smile to my face.

We spent the afternoon moving around the wall-hangings in the kids' room so that we could get Emily's name up on the wall. I'm so glad to finally have that piece done. I have one more project to do for the walls and then I'll post pictures. But all of today's prep really has me motivated now .

Josh's bag is packed and ready for his stay with the grandparents while we are in the hospital. I've started packing my bag. But there still is a lot of settling and rearranging of stuff to get done. I'm trying to get rid of unnecessary things, but it's hard when you think you just might need it in the future. Hopefully over the next week I can really get to a place where I feel done and ready so that I can just relax.

Tomorrow I think I'll take Josh shopping to pick a gift for him to give his new baby sister.

No comments: