Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Slow and Steady - Day Two of Painting

Painting work progressed today, it just didn't seem as noticeable - no shocking changes. If I hadn't been home, I might have questioned why they got so little done. But I saw first hand how hard they were working.

We did have one little incident where some of the power in the house went out. I had to find the key to unlock the breaker box so the switch could get flipped.

The most evident work took place on the wall outside Josh's room.

Here is the wall completely exposed.

Since the wall was going to be opened up, we took advantage of this time to put some insulation in. This house was built with no insulation. We've opened up one other wall from the inside amidst our home improvements and we threw some insulation in there too.

Insulation installed

And the black protection stuff

(no, I don't know what it's called)

One guy spent the bulk of the day scraping and sanding the trim around the garage.


Wood supplies just waiting to be used.

I think some of this is for the new front porch railing.

These are the wood pieces Jim bought for the front porch. He and his dad got them all primed.

I can't wait to see how the house looks when I get home tomorrow. I expect that Josh's wall will be done with the new panelling.

No comments: