Friday, September 24, 2010

Introducing Word of the Day

Wanna know another peculiarity of mine? Of course you do!

As far back as I can remember, I randomly will have a word that swirls in my head. I don’t know where it comes from and it generally has nothing to do with anything. I wonder if it is partially a byproduct of the wordsmith that is my dad. I don’t know why that would be – I guess I’m just looking to blame someone. So I’ll blame him today (and tomorrow). Sometimes it swirls around in my head so much that I start to question the meaning of it. What does that word really mean? Have I ever actually used that word? Have I used it correctly?

Then Princess Bride pops into my head:




So I figure why should I keep all this fun to myself?

When you see a Word of the Day post, your challenge is to use that word as much as you can that day. If it’s a new word to you, look it up, learn it, and use it in a sentence. Dictionary.com is a great resource for definitions and will even have a sound byte of pronunciation.

Bonus points if you use the word with me that day. Extra points to me if I’m coherent enough to realize you are using my word of the day.