Friday, October 2, 2009

37 Weeks - Doctor Update

Today was our 37 week appointment.

All is looking pretty well. The doctor did an ultrasound and we saw little Joshua wiggling his big toe. So great! She guessed his weight at 6 pounds 13 ounces. She thinks he will be born around eight pounds, maybe nine. But she keeps saying my height helps so it shouldn't be too bad.

He is head down, but he is facing the wrong direction (posterior). He hasn't dropped yet, so hopefully he'll turn the right way as he drops.

I am so perplexed by the "practice" contractions or Braxton-Hicks. I've been trying to figure out if I've been having them. I've asked my doctor, the Lamaze coach and friends what they should feel like and I keep getting different answers. I don't feel like I have felt any. I want to feel them, one, just to experience it, and two, just as a sign of progress. As things stand now, this kid looks like he's going to take his sweet time getting here.

No comments: