Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shower Hosted by My Mom

My mom hosted a baby shower for me on the 25th. A lot of the guests at this shower were women from my parents' Sunday School class who have watched me grow up since a young pup. We don't have a lot of local family, but that which we do have were invited as well. My mom did a really great job! Great food. Great games. Great times.


My mom had her cousin Terry supply us with his famous toffee. It is yumm-o stuff. He built a gourmet toffee business starting with my great-grandma's (his grandmother) recipe and making it other-worldly with infusions of other flavors. I like to make the original recipe at Christmas, but his special stuff is truly a treat. You should check him out at Terry's Toffee.

The toffee was put in these cute little animal cups.


Gotta have the train theme. :)
That fabric is the main inspiration for the nursery.


We're trying to do classic trains and planes in the nursery. It's been a little difficult to find decor I really like, so if you have any leads, let me know.


Loretta, Joyce, Linda, Shirley, Joan


Linda, Betty, Barbara, Melanie, Patti, Elaine

One of the neat activities my mom had was that each guest had to pick an envelope. Each envelope had a number on it, but they weren't told what the number represented until everyone had their envelope. Then, what ever number they had represented an age. They were to write a piece of advice for that age. I thought that was a pretty clever idea. Then my dad had a good idea to put a picture in each envelope of the person that wrote that note. That'll take some work, but I think it's a great idea.

Here is someone writing their advice.

How do you get a gaggle of women to be quiet? Make them race to finish a puzzle. It was so funny. There were about five teams and each had to put a puzzle together. The first to finish won. It got amazingly quiet. Such concentration (and competitiveness)!








Present time!

My mom had this darling basket full of goodies.
She even sewed a pillow, bumper, and pad covers.


I was overwhelmed by all the blessings.

My sister, Susan, flew down for the shower.



Davia was quite the social butterfly.

Our official baby book. YAY!!

It really was a wonderful shower. It's amazing to know so many of these women have been a part of my parents' lives for so many years. And it's always good to see family!

No comments: