Sunday, October 25, 2009

DING! Time's Up

What is it about 3AM? It is a cursed hour that I tend to have a hard time sleeping through. Sometimes I can power through it, but sometimes I just have to get up and busy myself.

So today is our due date. The date that I have recited 3,298,462 times as people have asked when the baby is due. Hmmm, what is the likelihood that Joshua will arrive today? Looking pretty slim. There have been some rumblings over the last week, but nothing significant to make me feel confident about today. I know that can all change in a flash, though.

I'm kind of getting cabin fever. I'm tired of waiting. Tired of hanging out at the house, washing dishes, doing laundry, settling stuff in the nursery. I'm trying to keep busy at home, but I can only do the same things with no change for so long. Let's add the challenge of a baby to the mix!! I get out of the house as often as I can, but try not to do too much to wear myself out. Laying around resting is getting old too. I know I should be relishing this time since it's about to all go away, but I'm ready to move on.

Maybe once we get past this date I will actually become less anxious about it?

I think Jim and I are pretty much ready for the hospital. My bag is as packed as it can be for now. I'll just need to throw a few last minute things in (like a hairbrush) and grab my pillow. We're keeping all our electronics charged up since we can't use outlets at the hospital.

The video camera is charging right now and then will be put in the car. No, we are not taping the birth. But I thought we could have the camera in the car just in case we want to take some video in the hospital before we leave. I hope I have at least one blank tape. Guess I still need to check that.

We put the stereo in the car with batteries just in case. Music is so important to me and really helps to calm me down. I have an iPod shuffle that will be with me. But Jim is concerned that I won't want (or can't have) the earphones in my ears but that I will still want music. So we'll have the stereo in the car just in case. I'm taking an Enya CD and two Josh Groban CDs as well as one "mixed" CD of mellow songs.

I'll update this blog as often as I can until we're hospital bound.
Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Joshua!!! We're all waiting. Good luck Shawn. xoxo Love you.

Auntie Susie

Elizabeth B said...

Looking forward to meeting you, Baby Joshua!

PS - why can't you use outlets at the hospital? I've never heard such a thing - the brief hospital stays I've had I used the outlet to dry and curl my hair. That's lame!