Wednesday, October 21, 2009

39 Week Appointment

The past week hasn't been terribly eventful. Last Wednesday I was having quite a bit of back pain and cramping. The feeling was constant so I didn't really think it was contractions. The following day I had a little less room in my lap, so I think it was all due to Joshua moving down a little bit.

I have been looking for Braxton-Hicks contractions but haven't really been convinced about what they should feel like and if I was having them. But I think I have finally figured it out. I was walking in the grocery store on Monday and suddenly felt the tightness. I couldn't blame it on any other movement I made and it clearly wasn't Joshua moving. So maybe I was finally identifying the Braxton-Hicks.

Yesterday we had an appointment with the doctor. I wasn't expecting to be dilated at all, but I sure was hoping. And sure enough I am one centimeter dilated and a little bit effaced. I was really happy to hear that. It doesn't really speak to anything about timing. It just indicates progress and that things are moving in the right direction. Jim and I are really hoping Joshua is born sometime this week.

No comments: