Friday, August 28, 2009

Work Shower

My first baby shower was given at work. It was a really lovely shower and there was quite the planning committee to pull it all together. Part of what made it so fun was how they really tried to incorporate a lot of my favorite things. I love chocolate covered strawberries and there was a lovely platter of them. A personal weakness of mine is Double Dipped Chocolate Peanuts (YUM!) and they played a guessing game with a jar of these things. And guess who got to take the contents of the jar...? ME!! I also am a sucker for ice cream and they had an ice cream cake. I felt so loved!

There also was a subtle train theme running throughout the shower.

Here are some cute little train-shaped cookies.

I always love the diaper cake decoration.

Mmmmmm....strawberries...


There was even a cutely carved little "J" on the ice cream cake for Joshua.

Time for presents.

Traditionally what happens with wedding and baby showers at my work is that people can contribute money to a group gift. When it came time to open that gift I was handed a bag and told this was part of it and that there wasn't really a card. I was perplexed that there was not card because how would I know who to thank for contributing to the gift. I just figured that detail would get worked out later. But then I opened the bag...

This was one of the cutest ideas I have ever seen. Everyone who had contributed had signed their name on this little piggy bank ans some wrote little messages. I was blown away.

There was even some money inside already to start Joshua's college fund. I love it!

The main group gift was our stroller travel system. YAY!

This little guy, Ryan, has just captured my heart. He is such a funny little guy!

Silas is the newest addition to our little work family of kids.
He is a cutie patootie too!

My mom and Jim.
It was great that they both came to the shower too.

No comments: