Wednesday, August 5, 2009

28 Week Update

Friday we had our 28 week appointment. It was a very good appointment with lots of good news.

I had taken the glucose screening test two weeks earlier and for some reason was really worried about the results on this one. Not entirely sure why, but just was. I was very happy to learn that the results were fine. I will not have to go for the actual glucose tolerance test. This is a three hour test following a night of fasting. They would draw my blood four times in three hours. With how hard it is for me to deal without eating on a normal basis, I really didn't know how I would have survived that test. But, no worries.

My liver numbers were also tested. This is the big news. My numbers are in the normal range for the first time in at least four years!!! Truly, truly amazing. We had heard that pregnancy can tend to put the PSC symptoms in a sort of remission. But it hadn't happened yet, so I figured it wasn't going to happen for me. But lo and behold, my numbers are normal. I am so grateful. Now we just gotta bottle this pregnancy stuff and make it a cure.

We also have started to learn a little bit about cord blood banking. Initially I didn't want to spend the money to do it and figured we would just donate it. However, my doctor said that if we were to bank it, it could actually come in handy for my liver issues. That was new news and a very intriguing idea. So, we need to look into it more and better understand the potential.

The last couple weeks I have been having a really hard time getting going in the morning and just really sluggish and light-headed. Since the glucose test came back fine, I asked about my iron levels wondering if I was having anemia issues. But those were fine too. The doc said it's probably just the hot weather we've been having and I should drink more water, stay cool and out of the sun.

So all in all, very good news all around. The pregnancy is going great. Joshua is a wiggle worm. We have another ultra sound at the end of next week to check on my placenta and make sure it has moved up. Hopefully we'll get better photos than last time.

Here's my growing baby (and belly)...




On Sunday Jim and I went shopping for our crib. We were successful in our quest and Jim took to putting it together right away. Now with the crib, the wall color and the fabrics, you can really get a feel of the room.


My mom is making great progress on making the bedding and I can't wait to see it!!

No comments: