Monday, September 14, 2009

Friends Shower

Two of my life-long friends, Melanie and Darcy, threw me a baby shower. This one I mostly invited friends from different walks of life. We picked out a really cute jungle theme for the shower that pretty well matched my colors.

The center pieces were really cute little pots trimmed with ribbon and filled with different stuffed animals that I (Joshua) get to keep.

The main activity was for guests to decorate onesies and diapers/burp cloths. Here are some used as decoration. I thought it was so cute!


Liz makes a burp cloth with a dump truck.

Here is Silas, Andrea's 6 month old son.
Such a cutie pie!

There was food GALORE!!

Creative people at work.
I tried doing one, but quickly ran out of patience. Creation is just not my thing!

Mmmmmm..... Carrot cake. My favorite!
There was so much frosting on this thing it was unbelievable.



Ellie was doing her best to relate.


Present time.

This little onesie was so cute as it says "Bear Hug" and the arms wrap around to the back.


Ashlynn was such a great help all day - handing out games and keeping me supplied with gifts to open.
What a star!


I'm such a sucker for stuffed animals.
I shall call this one Rupert.
(Just kidding, I don't know why.)


Michelle, Andrea and little Silas.


Yes, Joshua is a fall baby. So exciting!


Silas keeping up with the Oohs and Aaahs.



And now we have tons of decorating items.


My party planning buds - Darcy and Melanie.

1 comment:

Elizabeth B said...

That dump truck was a lot of work, but I thought it turned out pretty cute! :-) It was a really fun shower and the food was delicious. I still need that pineapple dip recipe - I could eat that stuff all by itself.