Monday, December 8, 2008

Hooray for Dr. K!

Today was my next follow up liver appointment.

You may recall my troubles with Dr. Stupid-Head. Well, when I got my confirmation for my scheduled appointment, I was informed the appointment was with Stupid-Head. So I called to change my appointment to make sure I could see Dr. K. - - Mr. Wonderful; Mr. Nice; Mr. Knowledgeable.

He's nice.

I've spoken with him on the phone but haven't actually seen him since February!

No big news to report today. My liver numbers are about the same, just slightly higher. I had gained some weight since my last appointment and since my medication is based on weight, Dr. K upped my meds to hopefully bring the numbers back down. I've already started losing weight again, so hopefully we can bring the meds back down soon too.

I go back in three months and then we'll probably talk about the wonderful procedure which shall go unnamed. Stupid-Head said I should get it done every year, but Dr. K is okay with every two years and the last one was in June '07. See? We like him!

1 comment:

Elizabeth B said...

So, I know I'm reading this a little late, but isn't now June 2009? Does that mean that the "procedure that shall go unnamed" is supposed to happen now? Or do you get to wait until after the baby comes? I would petition for waiting, myself.