Friday, November 28, 2008

Do Turkeys Have Balls?

Ah, the day after Thanksgiving...

I was responsible for pies this year. I had planned on making the pie crusts on Wednesday night (since I am terribly slow at that process) and then make the pies Thursday morning, thinking that would be enough time for them to cool. My mom called at about 9:30 Wednesday night freaked out because her oven wasn't working and she was hoping we could bake the turkey in my oven. That meant I had to get my pies baked and out of the way that night. {sigh} So I started on the pumpkin pies first and then I got a call from my dad asking if I wanted the good news or the bad news. The good news was that the oven seemed to be working now. When he said there was no bad news, I said the bad news was that I had already started on my pies and would have to be up late. Oh, well. So I got the pumpkin done Wednesday night.

Thursday morning I woke up and made the pecan pie and then went for my morning run and had a relaxing morning while Jim went to help set up The Way Out Ministries for their Thanksgiving Day ministry stuff. I headed to my parent's house a little after noon to spend some time with them and my sister, Susan, who had endured a horrible drive from the Bay area the day before. Jim joined a little later and then his parents and Aunt Barbara.

It was a really nice day. In the early evening we all went out for a walk with the dogs and it was fun to see a lot of the neighbors out walking off the T-Day indulgences.

And no, (according to Wiki Answers) turkeys do not have balls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, did I actually ask that question outloud???? Thanks for the answer and THANKS!!! for the Christmas wish list. xoxo