Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gratuitous Cat Photos

It's time for the fuzzy children to shine for a little bit. Sophie and Bailey, I think, are two of the cutest cats I have ever owned. Many have endeared my heart as I have had cats my entire life. And Isabo was definitely very special to me and could never be replaced. But these two rascals are everything that is sweet, funny, mischievous, cuddly, stupid, irritating and down-right lovable about cats.

Here is the first picture Jim and I ever saw of them when we first heard they needed a home. I ask you, how can you not love those faces? For those of you that have met my cats, can you tell which one is which? Can you believe how blonde they used to be?

Bailey is on the left (stripes) and Sophie is on the right (raccoon eyes).


The next two pictures were also sent to us to see what these babies looked like. You can see their markings are already darkening a bit. These were kitties that were rescued by a friend of Jim's (he's the cat whisperer).

Bailey was quite the proper cat from the very beginning. Those sphinx eyes are pretty awesome. I also think his tale looks so much like the markings of a snake.


One thing that just cracks me up about Sophie is the way she lays with her legs extended. It looks so goofy and makes me laugh. You can sort of see her tail - it is shorter than usual as she apparently had the end bitten off before she was rescued. It's got the cutest little kink at the tip.


She had her legs extended here, which was why I grabbed my camera, but I wasn't fast enough before she moved. So instead I snapped away just trying to capture the two beasts.


Sophie can look a little dopey at times.


And Bailey's a momma's boy.
With a face like that? C'mon!!


Jim has started to describe Bailey as the proper prince and Sophie is the chick from the 'hood who just lets it all hang out. Decorum is not her style. Demure is not her name. In this photo above you can get a taste of this in one shot.


And let's just not talk about the rolls in her neck.
(Diet starts in the New Year, right?)

No comments: