Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

It's getting into my favorite time of year. I really love fall, with the cooler weather, rain, yummy food, fall colors and pumpkins.

Josh picked up on the excitement of pumpkins pretty quickly and calls them "pump-pump".

My Aunt Judy and Uncle Ed were visiting from Indiana, so we took a day together to go to a fun pumpkin patch.


The hay maze was a big hit. I think it was really my dad's favorite because he kept wanting to go in there. He taught Josh how to get excited about it too by having him lead the charge and looking for "doors" or "no-doors".

"This-a way!"

Josh even taught his Great- Aunt and Uncle the proper way to journey with your hands behind your back. We're not sure why he does this, but it is a crack up.


The giant Thomas bounce house freaked his freak. He kept wandering over there saying "Thom-Thom". He must have been amazed at how big it was.


My dad is really good at getting Josh to experience everything and soak it all in. He'll say "try this" or "touch that". So when my dad saw a line of hay bales, he had Josh get on top and walk along.


So cute!




They also have pony rides. I wasn't sure how Josh was going to do because earlier in the day we sat him in a saddle that was on a hay bale decorated to look like a horse. He did not want to be on it. But once on the horse, he was a natural. Wasn't scared at all.


I love that they let the parents walk the pony at your own pace and not as part of some carousel.


You really would have thought this kid has been riding his whole life already.


"Don't wait up for me, little darlin'!"

My angel.

No comments: