Friday, April 30, 2010

Something New

Joshua's world is ever expanding and full of newness all the time.

My mom has been making a grocery cart cover for little Josh. He has been so close to sitting on his own for so long, but just not there quite yet. I didn't think he would manage well in a grocery cart until he could accomplish this task. But my mom had finished the cover and I was anxious to try it out.

So my mom and I headed over to Smart & Final and here is the result:

Isn't that cover just adorable?!
(the sides are the ears of the dog)

I can't say it enough, but Joshua exceeded my expectations. I figured he would be leaning to the left or right and that I would have to keep him upright. But I really didn't have to do that at all.

He put on his serious face, which he does whenever he is absorbing something new. He was experiencing the grocery store with a whole new perspective. What really cracked me up was the way he was holding onto the cart. OF COURSE he grabs the area that is not covered, but oh well. At times he looked like he was holding on for dear life.

Now take a look at the picture... Do you see his feet so perfectly placed around the tongue? He gave the puppy teeth!!!

(So glad I won't have to haul the infant seat into the store anymore. Some of those carts make him so reclined that it's annoying.)

1 comment:

Elizabeth B said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!