Tuesday, April 20, 2010

5 Years


Last Friday, April 16, Jim and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. How crazy is it that it has been five years?!

Jim and I were matched through eHarmony in December of 2003. The part we find most amazing about that is that we grew up only 1.9 miles (according to Google driving directions) from each other. We were at a lot of the same events and knew people in common, yet never ran into each other (that we know of). It's weird to have had essentially the same growing up experiences, yet different.

It wasn't long before we knew we wanted to get married, so while we may have rushed into an engagement, we took our time - a year - planning for the wedding. And it was truly a wonderful wedding. We were married at Lake Hills Community Church in Laguna Hills and had our reception at Strawberry Farms in Irvine. By coincidence Lake Hills was where I was baptized as a baby. I was referred to the church through a co-worker and when I mentioned it to my parents, they told me that was where I was baptized. We fell in love with Strawberry Farms because it had a 3/4 mile picket-fence-lined road back to a big red barn which held the reception.



I was all about making the wedding as home made as possible and involving friends and family in the preparations. My sister, Susan, played flute in the ceremony, my mom made my veil and handbag, Melanie helped my mom create the aisle decorations (which then transferred to add decoration to the reception), my dad helped me create the invitations and we had an invitation assembly party. We also had Terry's Toffee sent by my mom's cousin to add to the dessert. I know there were lots of other helping hands that I just can't think of right now. But I think our wedding was just about every thing I could have dreamed of.



For our anniversary, Jim took me back to a restaurant that was right by where he lived when we met. After dinner, we somewhat relived the night he proposed to me by getting dessert at Golden Spoon and then walking through the park to the spot where he proposed.

This is that very spot - five years later.


I love ya, babe! Thanks for five wonderful years and I look forward to the next 85 years!

1 comment:

Elizabeth B said...

Was Jim really that young? Maybe it's just the missing facial hair. Love seeing the wedding flashbacks. Time has flown!