Tuesday, April 27, 2010

6 Months

Happy Half-Birthday Joshua!

My little bundle is six months old today. Unbelievable!


I took him to the doctor today for his check up and shots. He is weighing in at 19 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 27 inches. He is a big boy! He has two teeth on the bottom that appeared about a month ago and he currently is working on pushing out four in a row on the top. Two, maybe three, have already broken through the gums.


Joshua sits up with assistance and really enjoys standing. He is not a big fan of tummy time and rolls almost immediately on to his back. He has yet to roll from his back to his tummy. The doctor today said it can take big babies a little longer to sit and roll because there is just so much more Charmin to maneuver. And while she commented that he was a big boy, she made sure that I knew that it's not a worrisome big.


As I look through all the photos of Josh, one of the things that I find that I love is the way his mouth is open in the majority of the shots. I don't know what it is, but it makes me smile. It's like it is expressing his wonderment and fascination at everything in life. He is soaking everything in and loving it.

Solid foods are going pretty well. He seemed to get bored with the rice cereal, so he got carrots on Sunday and so far is not a big fan. We'll try sweet potatoes on Thursday.


I had to try some naked shots just for fun. It was tough getting him to stay on his tummy, and then for me to get down on my tummy to grab the shot. Let's just say that session was extremely brief.


He's learning to flirt. When people greet him, he'll give a little smile, curl his head into me and then peer up through sheepish eyes. It is the cutest thing EVER!

Joshua is a happy baby and Jim and I are just so in love with him.

1 comment:

Elizabeth B said...

Oh, I just wanna squeeze those chubby cheeks! He looks so happy!