Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's Easter, It's Easter

The day of our risen Lord.

I do like the season of Easter. It's great to take the time to reflect on who Jesus Christ is and what this "Christianity" thing is really about.

Unfortunately this Easter kinda sucked for me personally. Yesterday Jim, Joshua and I had a family outting. We ran an errand and then went to Knott's Berry Farm to check out Pink's Hot Dogs that recently opened up there. It was a really nice day and a great outting. When we came back I took a nap only to wake up not feeling so good. And I went downhill fast. I was pretty miserable pretty quickly.

This morning my throat was on fire! And the best part is that we were hosting Easter brunch at our house today and I was completely out of commission. I was going to make a quiche and a cake and only got the cake done. But Jim did great and getting the rest of the house ready. He had several duties at church today, so I stayed home with Josh while he was at church.

Boy is it ever hard taking care of a baby while sick. I knew it would be and I feared the first time this would happen. Ugh. Can I just say "ugh" again? Ugh!

I wore a mask on my face whenever I fed Joshua to hopefully not spread my germs to him. He kept pawing at it, but luckily he didn't seem upset seeing me in it. He didn't take his second nap too well. Jim successfully got him down for his third nap and what happens? An earthquake. A BIG earthquake. Bigger and longer than we have felt around here in a long time.

I was asleep in bed and at first I thought one of our big, fat cats was shifting or getting off the bed. I was surprised how much movement she was making and then I thought I heard her jump down and the bed was still shaking. That's when I figured out what was going on. I got out of bed and waited to see if it was still going. When it still was I went to Josh's door. He seemed awake but okay. When it was over, he did start to cry, but I don't know if it was because of the quake or because he saw me. So I just held him for some comfort (maybe for both of us). This is the first time I've actually felt problems with my equilibrium.

But all was well and since I love to share earthquake stories it was nice to have family here to talk about it with.

Now I just have to hope to get better quickly so I can get back into the swing of things.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Elizabeth B said...

Poor sicko! Want to hear about Pink's - is it worth the hype? Hopefully I'll see you on Wednesday - Holland's office said to say "hi.'