Monday, December 14, 2009

Tummy Time

On Thanksgiving we discovered how much Joshua enjoys playing on the floor. He was really starting to show off his smile and make little cooing noises. It was so much fun to play with him!

I keep hearing about "tummy time" and how important it is for babies to help them build their neck and arm muscles. So I've tried a little bit to put Josh on his tummy without a lot of success. He typically buries his head in his arms and immediately starts to fuss and cry.

But I will press on...

Here we are trying again. He was seeming to tolerate it pretty well.

I plopped down my camera to try to get a cool shot of him. This shot is pretty blurry because the camera is just sitting on the floor and I pushed the button. I'm glad he's in the shot as much as he is. And I LOVE that Josh is looking right into the camera!


So now I'll try to focus more...

Uh, Oh!


Moment passed. Tummy Time tolerance has expired.

The good news is that he really is happy laying on his tummy on my chest and I think he's building a lot of the necessary strength there. Plus, my favorite times are when he's laying on my chest so there will be no shortage of that!

Here are just some shots of my beautiful boy. I was trying to capture his smile, but he just wouldn't give me a nice big one like I know he can. But his eyes do seem to sparkle.


Joshua also loves to play with his tongue. He'll stick it out and then give a great big smile when he sees how much we like it.


Bailey is still trying to figure out what this new little creature is in the house. He'll typically give one little sniff and then look at me as if waiting for an explanation. Then he'll go on his merry way.

No comments: