Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

Ahhhh, the Christmas season! What an amazing time to spend with our new baby boy.

FAUX CHRISTMAS
My grandma had wanted all the family to come to her cottage in Michigan to celebrate Christmas. However, knowing that Josh would only be two months old made Jim and me nervous about trying to take him back there. My mom was hesitant about missing Josh's first Christmas too if she went. But since he would only be two months and still relatively blobby, I told her I didn't mind her and my dad going. Next year would be a bigger deal to have them around.

So, we did Christmas early with my parents on the 19th. I realized I didn't really take many pictures. I think we focused more on video. I think my dad got photos - at least I hope so.

Here is one photo from that day. Just Josh and PaPa.

"If you're HAPPY and you know it, then your face will surely show it!"
And if not your face, then say it on your clothes.

I think Josh handled the day okay. He was kinda cranky throughout and cried as we opened his present. But it was still fun to have him be the new part of our family.

CHRISTMAS EVE
Jim's cousin Cheri flew from Connecticut to Vegas, and then she and her mom (Aunt Patti) drove to us on Christmas Eve. They, along with Jim's parents and Aunt Barbara, all joined us for the Christmas Eve service at our church. Jim and I agreed that they all would sit in the main sanctuary while I sat in the "cry" room in the back - although it's not really a cry room since it's not sound proof, so there's still worry about the babe making a sound.

Joshua did pretty well through the service. He stared at me for the first half hour and then I fed him. He was a little restless after that so we spread out on the floor and I kept him occupied until the service was over. It worked out well.

After church we all came back to our house.

Aunt Patti gets to hold Josh for the first time since he was born.


The family.


More of Joshua's Christmas Wardrobe.


CHRISTMAS DAY
Christmas morning Jim and I did our usual of opening stockings together. Josh was up for a little bit, but he isn't a morning person so didn't stick around long before going back to bed.

Then we headed over to Jim's parents house for festivities. It's amazing how much we had to load in car. In addition to presents, we had cameras and a little more to entertain Josh to try to keep him happy.


Cheri, Josh and Jim


Grandma C and Josh


Josh's Black Dog sweatshirt from Auntie Susie

Okay, I think one of my favorite gifts Josh got was a hat from his Great Aunt and Uncle in Alaska. I don't know what these types of hat are called, but it has the flaps that velcro under the chin or out of the way on top of the hat. It is so stinkin' cute! All he needs is an orange vest and a shotgun. (Just kidding)

He was already crying before I put it on him and I knew this wouldn't make him any happier, but I just had to do it. It made me laugh so hard. Every time he moved, it would twist around on his head - he'll need to grow into it a bit. But I just LOVE IT! I'm not sure how fast his head will grow, but I hope it still fits him next winter.

Josh was pretty tuckered out from all the fun and attention. He slept most of the next day.

No comments: