Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's Next?

Melanie asked me on Saturday what my next big project is going to be. This question has really stumped me. I think I have felt for so long that there was always something next. I like being busy – thanks mom and grandma! I enjoy the breaks in between, but there is always something next. But Jim’s party is done. My web class is over. There aren’t any major home projects on the horizon for at least a few months. And other than just trying to maintain the norm, I’m not sure what to be focusing on.

I have lots of ideas: Push my doctors for referrals and information. Look into adoption. Learn PhotoShop. Develop my web design skills and work on our family site. Learn about organic gardening. Read books. Learn to play the drums. Focus on building relationships. See if I can drink a gallon of milk in an hour.

But I’m not feeling motivation for any of it. Am I burnt out for now? Work has been so busy for the bulk of this year, maybe it’s catching up with me. Should I just take advantage of this time to re-scoop-erate (as Baskin Robbins would say)? It’s hard to feel like I can rejuvenate when I’m keeping busy with the daily chores. Next month we travel to Canada for my cousin's wedding and maybe that will give me the restart I need - just to have a change of scenery and be with fun people in a beautiful setting.

By the way, I’ve heard that drinking a gallon of milk in an hour (without puking it up) is an impossible task. But with how fast I have drinken (I know, not a real word) a tall glass of milk and still wanted more, this may be my second secret super power. One day I may need to find out. I drink it even faster when it’s got Hershey syrup mixed in. Watch for my name in the papers!

No comments: