Monday, July 21, 2008

A Bicycle Built for...One

I've been talking about getting a bike for several months and I've been saving my pennies. Now I just needed to start the research to know what kind of bike I wanted. At first I was thinking about a cruiser. A bike shop close to home had some really cool ones with flowers on the seat and everything. It felt so girly and fun.

But the more I thought about it - I didn't want a pedal break and it would probably be a good idea to have gears. And every day on my way home from work I pass a bicycle shop that looked just big enough to have a variety and just small enough to hopefully offer good service.

Today Jim and I were able to meet for lunch right by this shop so we walked over to take a look. And I was right - a friendly man immediately came up to help. He was full of information, understood what I was looking for and the bike he recommended was only slightly above my price range. So I'll save up a few more of my pennies and hopefully be able to buy it next month. I may look around a little more, but at least I've got an idea to start from.




The brand is KHS and the model is the Urban-X. My only disappointment is that it only comes in red or black. I have always had a blue bike and was planning on continuing the trend. So I may get red to match Jim's. Black just feels too boring. Then Jim and I can ride together to our parents' houses, or to small group meetings or whatever. I think it will be really fun!!

No comments: