Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun with Flowers and My Camera

Saturday Jim and I worked really, really hard around the house. We were both EXHAUSTED!!! Then Sunday was a beautiful day that it was nice to just relax a bit and I decided to bring out the camera to capture some of my flowers that are so beautifully blooming. I have always had a hard time getting gardenias to grow and it makes me so sad because my mom has always had them and my grandma loves them. So it was only right for me to grow them, but the plants would always die. Well, I am proud to say that I finally have beautiful white gardenia buds. And the fragrance is just AMAZING!!!

My dad has also been on my case to learn how to use the macro lens I bought from a friend a few months ago. Either I'm really not using it right, or it's much more limiting than I ever imagined. You really can only capture a very teensy-tiny area, and getting it to focus can be almost acrobatic at times (not that it's a problem, I'll just have to get used to it). But here are my morning glories in the glorious sunlight.


(imagine the angelic chorus here)



Isn't the sunlight here just gorgeous?!?

No comments: