Sunday, October 12, 2008

Farewell to Friends

This week I had to say good-bye to one of my life long friends. Darcy and I grew up down the street from each other since my earliest memories. We grew up in school together, went through girl scouts together and got into trouble together. She was always the cool kid while I was more on the outside. But she pushed me outside of a lot of my boundaries and made me a better person. And she made me the godmother of her first born.

She and her family packed up and moved to Colorado on Saturday. I think this is a really good move for them and I think their family will really thrive.

The Wednesday before they left, we had a little farewell party to spend some time together.




I will miss her and her family tremendously but I look forward to the many visits and the new excuse to travel to Colorado.

No comments: