Monday, July 23, 2012

PreSchool

Who is supposed to be more prepared for preschool, Joshua or me?  If it's me, I'm not sure I'm there.

Regardless, we are officially in the phase of researching preschools.  I might be a little late to be starting, but I will blame that on my denial.  While I have had the intention of starting Josh around the time he turns three, I have been putting off actually pursuing it.  At first I blamed it on the coming of the second wee one, but now I think it was just because I didn't really want to be in this phase yet.

So I've been looking around and asking people for referrals.  I've discovered that there is a specific order of steps for me to decide.  1) Does the school offer the schedule I want?  2) Is the price acceptable? 3) Check out the school to see if I like it.  4) Will it work for the grandparents?

I met with the first school today.  I knew going in that they won't have any opening for another year, but I still wanted to check them out.  And I am know officially on their waiting list should things change.  Other schools I have spoken with didn't mention anything about space issues, so hopefully this is a solitary problem.  I'm aiming to find a good Christian preschool.

This past week as I have been compiling my list I've been excited.  But then today after being at the school, the reality of him being in that environment hit a little bit.  It will be weird.  My plan is for two half-days a week on the same days I go to work.  This will more than likely mean that the grandparents will need to take him and pick him up.  That makes me a little sad that I won't be the one interacting with the teacher on a regular basis. The following year my plan would be to switch to three days on the days I am not in the office.  But we will see how things go.

Somebody hold my hand...

1 comment:

Campbell said...

I am always here to hold your hand. :)