Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Emily's Baptism

On Sunday, June 24th we had Emily baptized.  Jim and I were both baptized as babies and we are doing the same with our children.

My mom had made a very special baptism dress for Emily which she had given to me at my baby shower.



My sister, Susan, flew in and Jim's Aunt Patti drove in for this special day.  It meant a lot to have them both here.  During the actual baptism our family joined us up on the stage.



Pastor Doug presents Emily to the congregation.


The funniest thing was Josh's reactions to everything.  During the sprinkling of the water, he watched very intently.  Then when Pastor Doug walked down the steps with Emily, Joshua got very protective and concerned with where she was going.  You can see I am now holding him in the picture above because he was getting pretty upset.


Our congregation surrounds us in prayer.  Here, too, Josh was in the moment and laid his hand on my shoulder (Jim was holding him) and bowed his head during the prayer.  Of course he kept looking up to make sure he should still be doing it.


After the service we had everyone come back to our house for a little lunch.

Emily with her Aunt Melanie

The boys having a great time together


Aunt Su-Su


Aunt Patti-Patti

No comments: