Thursday, February 18, 2010

Almost 4 Months

Being his mother, I am of course not biased at all in saying that my son is the cutest boy ever, ever! Right?

Here is Joshua helping out with laundry. He keeps the washer running, so I figured he'd better pitch in with the chores.

What is Joshua doing these days?
He went through a period of talking quite a bit, but then seemed to suddenly stop. I think he was focusing on other new skills he was learning at the time. About a week ago he found his voice again and he is loving it. He babbles and gurgles and coos A LOT. It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard in my life. I could listen to it all day. A couple times he has been talking to himself when I lay him down for a nap. It lasts maybe 5-10 minutes and then he drifts off to sleep. This morning when he woke from his first nap, he was just laying in his crib talking to himself until I came in to get him. I love that he generally wakes up a happy baby.

Apparently Joshua has put on some weight. Everybody comments on what a chunker he is. For a while just his legs were chunky, but his arms are starting to puff up now. His face is just big and round and probably full of acorns - or I really think it's drool. He drools so much!

He is getting really good at holding toys and has learned how to get them in his mouth. We just started putting him in the saucer and he is slowly learning to like that. I got a tip to pack him in with blankets and that seems to be working much better. He is using his legs and pushing up on the saucer. It's pretty amazing.


Joshua is still a really good sleeper. He has been out of the swaddle completely for a week now and we have had no problems. I have seen that he is starting to realize what nap time is and tries to combat it. He gets a horrible look on his face as I lay him down and he cries much harder than ever before. But he still cries for less than five minutes and then he either is just calm for a while until he falls asleep or he passes out pretty quickly. This week, on the days we've been home together, he has been napping really solidly. Especially today he can only be up for an hour and then a switch clicks and he's cranky for bed. Then sleeps without a peep for two hours. This afternoon we had to run to the grocery store so he was up for about an hour and twenty minutes. He was getting fussy and I laid him down the moment we got home. Not a peep and moments later he was dead to the world.

We are working on rolling over. He has not enjoyed tummy time, but he is slowly increasing the amount of time he will tolerate. I noticed him starting to push off with one of his legs while laying on his back as if starting to roll over. So I'm rolling him from his back to his tummy and he seems to be enjoying that.

All in all our boy is healthy and happy!

Here's my new favorite picture of Joshua and Jim.


2 comments:

Elizabeth B said...

Look at those arm rolls! Nice!

Anonymous said...

It's all true. He is beautiful. I LOVE his eyes.