Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Pulitzer in My Future


I feel like I’m back in school. My dad asked me to write an article for a newsletter he creates and I am struggling. He says he likes my writing style on this blog and wants me to share a story in the same style. That is turning out to be harder than it sounds.

The audience for this will be much broader and they don’t know me. They won’t get my goofiness. So I’m over-thinking, over-analyzing, over-editing. Plus the story itself is kind of tough to tell with the necessary anonymity factor. PLUS Plus it’s not really the type of story that I would incorporate much goofiness.

So my dad gave me feedback on the first draft, all of which makes sense, but making it work is the next challenge. Ugh! I thought I graduated school two years ago!

No comments: