Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's the Little Things

I grew up eating Laura Scudder’s Nutty Peanut Butter. It was so YUMMY!! It’s all natural and made from only peanuts and oil (salt too? I can’t remember). One thing that made the PB weirdly different from any of the others was that when it was purchased, the oil was separated and sitting on top of the peanutty mush. So it would have to be stirred then refrigerated to keep it from separating again. But, mmm-mmmm, was it ever good!!

When I got older and moved out on my own, I may have purchased Laura Scudder’s occasionally – but what a hassle to stir it. Plus, I had freedom. I didn’t have to buy the ultra healthy stuff my mom always bought. I could choose what I wanted. My nutritional rebellion was in full force. So, I’m ashamed to admit it, but I strayed. I bought other brands. Life was easy without the stirring.

Then a day came when I decided to buy Laura Scudder’s again. I don’t remember when. Was it around the time of marriage and I wanted to provide good food for my husband and me? I don’t know, but it sounds good, right? But, oh the joy of tasting that peanut butter again. That taste is light years ahead of any other brand. In comparison, the others hardly have any flavor at all. My loyalty to the brand returned.

Until…

This year we started eating organic. And our house goes through quite a bit of peanut butter. Costco sells a pretty good organic peanut butter. I found some other brand that had to be stirred, but it wasn’t any better or worse than the others. I was complacent.

Yesterday, on my lunch break, I went to the grocery store to stock up on snacks and stuff for work. I wasn’t sure what all I wanted so was mostly cruising the aisles. Then it happened. I came upon the peanut butter section. And there – shimmering in the light – was an amazing sight: ORGANIC LAURA SCUDDER’S NUTTY PEANUT BUTTER. I was so happy. It just made my day. I didn’t think life could be any better.



Until…

I went to the Laura Scudder’s website to send them an email about how happy I was to find their Organic products. I love that there are more and more Organic options so I want to make sure to give that feedback to the really important ones. As I looked at the site, what did I find? Lo and behold – they sell a peanut butter STIRRER! It’s made to go on their 16 oz. jar. Oh! I just never cease to be amazed. I ordered one straight away! I can’t wait until it arrives. I’m going to run home every day looking for it. You would not believe how giddy I am about this!

Call me NUTTY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - and so you haven't told me about this????? Think I gotta get me one o' those!!!

What a resourceful child you are!!

XXOO

Elizabeth B said...

Did you get the stirrier yet? I want to know how it works - stirring the stuff is one of the reasons I don't buy that kind of PB. I hate stirring!

Shawnie said...

I do have the stirrer, but have not had to get a new jar of peanut butter yet. But we're getting close! I can't wait to use it!! I gave one to my mom too.