Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hair! There! Everywhere!

I am a girl who likes clean cut boys. Always have. Always will. Many times I have seen a guy who is mildly attractive, but know he would be incredibly attractive if only he would CUT HIS HAIR. It's my thing. Accept me for who I am.

So, my boy's hair was getting long. It is special and significant to cut that precious baby hair for the first time. Jim and I were both in agreement that we didn't want to cut it before his first birthday, but after that was quite the negotiation. I finally got the green light from Jim in November. Woo-Hoo!

Look at this hairy, mulleted beast...


We sat him in his Bumbo to hopefully cut down on the squirmies, but also give me access to the back of his head.


It was a bit of a challenge for me to figure out the right technique.


But the job got done.

Doesn't' this look so much better?? Who's with me? I love it!

I have since become addicted to cutting his hair. He's gotten a haircut every month and each time I try to find the best way to do it. Last time I tried to go a little shorter in the back and did a total hack job. Lesson learned - don't go so short. Plus the squirmies are a factor, and as they settle down, I know I'll get better at it.

But I sure do love cutting his hair!!

No comments: