Tuesday, July 27, 2010

9 Month Update

Joshua is 9 months old today. What?? Say it isn't so!

Yep - 9 months


We went to the doctor today for his check up and he is weighing in at 22 pounds and stands (yes stands) at 28 inches tall.

I thought I would just kind of run through a list of accomplishments for Josh these days:
  • Sits completely on his own
  • Rolls all over the place (main mode of independent transportation)
  • Eating lots of fruits and veggies and homemade yogurt
  • Can feed himself puffs and graham crackers (slimy stuff is posing an issue)
  • Pulls himself to standing on someone's hands (or Grandpa B's cane)
  • Starting to get the concept of moving his legs to walk
  • Has seven (and a half) teeth. [The doc said half today, so I'm going to say half.]
  • Likes to click his tongue
  • Getting really good at waving
  • Understands "no"
  • Can play "Gimme five" or "High five"
  • Loves to laugh
  • Learning to drink from a sippy cup; can drink from a regular cup when held by someone else
I'm sure there are lots of others. I may add to the list. If you think of any I missed, add them in the comments.



He is such a joy. I am really looking forward to all our summer activities. We took him to the Cypress Festival last Saturday and he got to taste a little of my favorite - Shave Ice. Mmmm. I think he really liked the ice. We leave next week on a plane ride to the Midwest. It will be quite an adventure.

1 comment:

Dad said...

He also understands sharing - will hand over an object and then we say Thank You. Then he wants it back and we do it all over again.