Friday, January 22, 2010

Wacky Weather

I LOVE rain!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!

Therefore this week has been fun. It has rained every day. And not just dreary, misting rain. Full on RAIN!! Complete with lightning, thunder and even HAIL!! Can you tell I'm excited?

I generally enjoy rain anytime, but I think I was able to enjoy it even more this week because I was home for most of it. I would just sit and listen. I'd stand outside and watch. It's so rare to get any kind of real rain around here that it makes me stop in my tracks. Jim and I are wacky Californians in that we want rain all the time. Someday we hope to move to a rainier area. Until then, we will dance and sing in weeks like these.

Our cluster of storms are starting to come to an end. Within the last two hours we had quite a system move through that had all the ingredients. The best part was that it gave us the finale of a rainbow. And not just one, but TWO rainbows. Jim came running in the house to make sure I saw it. Joshua was sleeping in my arms, but I carted him out there with me. I told Jim to run and get the camera. Here is the beautiful view from our porch.



Can you see the double rainbow?



This is how flooded our street was right after this big cell moved through.
The sun was shining, but it was still raining.

Joshua's first rainbow.

Thank you rain for your presence this week. We hope to see you again real soon! =D

No comments: